Monday, August 29, 2011

The Most Labor-Intensive Hammer Project



This image of artist Linn Meyers has been on my computer desktop for quite some time. I interviewed Linn the last week of April this year, while she was drawing on the Hammer Museum's lobby walls. All by herself. For two weeks straight. She never seemed to tire and was kind enough to allow us to interview her while she was drawing.



To watch the video go here

My assistant Miriam and I poised ourselves on the scaffolding at the height at which she was working, which was probably a good 20 feet from the white marble floor below. Talking with artists about their process, the concepts behind their work, and the trajectory of their work over time is the most gratifying part of my job.

VIDEO CREDITS
Directed & Edited by Amanda Law
Interview - Amanda Law, Miriam Newcomer
Camera - Amanda Law, Miriam Newcomer

No comments:

Post a Comment